I'm glad to announce the release of PING 2.01.04
(2007-11-06). As always, it can be downloaded from here:
- Upgraded linux kernel from 22.214.171.124 to 2.6.23 (some more SATA drivers.)
- Upgraded e2fsprogs from 1.39 to 1.40.2.
- Upgraded ntfs-3g from 1.516 to 1.1030.
- Upgraded fuse from 2.7.0 to 2.7.1.
- Upgraded ntfsprogs from 1.13.1 to 2.0.0.
- Upgraded dhcpcd from 3.1.5 to 3.1.7.
- Upgraded cmospwd from 4.8 to 5.0.
- Upgraded chntpw from 070409 to 070923.
- Upgraded parted from 1.8.7 to 1.8.8.
- Upgraded samba from 3.0.25a to 3.0.26a.
- Re-downgraded partimage from 0.6.6 to 0.6.4 (missed it last time; apologizes to all concerned users for probable troubles).
Please note that the PING script itself has not been modified... there were already many changes to the linux image itself, and I felt safer not to add confusion.
The downgrad of the partimage binary is very important. If you've experienced problems with it (restorations failing before the end, etc.) you should really get this new PING release. In fact, everyone should.